Teaching preschool is my passion and allows me to enjoy the gifts my preschool students give to me each and every school. Here are the lessons they teach me each day:
- Greet Each Day As A Gift: Sunny, windy, rainy, and snowy days are all met with a level of excitement that gets lost in adulthood. Leaves changing color--that's so cool! Pumpkins and apples have seeds inside--how interesting! When we are at school, half the world is asleep--Imagine that! Joy in the simple gifts of our natural surroundings.
- Passion for your Favorite Things: I had a student who colored every single picture in the color orange for an entire school year. Enough said!
- Spontaneous Kindness: It is not unusual for me to receive a totally random hug or complement from these little darlings. They feel love and express it freely!
- Energy is Contagious: I dare anyone to spend time in our classroom and not feel energized. My little students love to be busy! They love to create, play, run, jump, sing, clap, dance, color, learn, paint, build, and imagine. They remind me that sitting on your backside is a complete waste of time. Dive in to things rather than let life pass you by.
- Curiosity: My students are eager to learn. They have a drive to understand and look at things in unique ways. They are not yet afflicted with the common adult affliction "Know it all Syndrome". They inspire me to keep an open mind and try to look at things from more than my first perspective.
- Perseverance: At the beginning of the year, there are always tears and fears of the new classroom and by the end of the year, those same students are confidently striding in the door and smiling from ear to ear. Anything new always seems difficult at first, but don't give up--you will rob yourself of the benefits you receive from sticking with it and conquering your trials.
I am truly blessed to spend my weeks in the company of such powerful little teachers.
Like my page at: facebook.com/SplashParentingPrinciples
Post a Comment